A frozen shoulder, also known as adhesive capsulitis, is when there is a loss of normal range of motion due to stiffness and pain at your shoulder joint. If left untreated, the severity of the condition can worsen. Typically this affects adults between 40 and 60 years of age, with women more likely to develop the condition. Frozen shoulder occurs when you don’t move your arm for long periods of time- whether it be due to injury, illness, stroke, or even staying in the same position at work. Treatments for this can range from arthroscopic surgery to physical therapy.
Prevent this painful condition from happening to you by continually moving your shoulder joints regularly, especially if you stay in one position during your work days. Shrug your shoulders and shake them out every hour! According to Harvard Health, these are the best at home exercises to prevent frozen shoulder:
Pendulum Shoulder stretch
- Lean forward and swing your arm in 10 small circles
- Over time increase size of the circle and or hold a weight
Crossbody shoulder stretch
- Cross your arm over your chest and hold the stretch for 15 to 20 seconds, 10-20 times per day
Inward and outward rotation
- Hold a small resistance band in front of you with your arms at 90º angles, rotate one arm away from your body and hold for 5 seconds. Repeat 10-15 times
- Stand next to a door or heavy chair and attach the band, with your arm at 90º pull your towards your body without twisting your body, hold for 5 seconds, repeat 10-15 times
If you’re interested in more and you’d like to set a meeting with us you Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and discover how HoliFit can help your business reach its goals. You can also check out our Facebook page, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Youtube Channel for more information about our services.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity. To find out how HoliFit can help your business reach its goals through Fitness Classes – contact us today!
#corporateevents #corporatewellness #employeeexperience #employeeappreciation #employeebenefits #employeewellness #workplacewellness #workplaceculture #companyculture #mentalhealth #mentalhealthservices #healthcareexperience