Sprinkle some wellness into your April with some light cardio and walk to work! It’s National Walk to Work Day, but if walking from your home to work isn’t possible because you work from home or you simply live too far away from work, try taking a walk around your area this weekend!
Adding physical activity to your life doesn’t need to be complicated. Workplace stress can be demanding with the shift back to on-site work, but something as simple as a daily brisk walk can help you live a healthier life.
Walking is a popular, familiar, convenient, and free form of exercise that can be incorporated into everyday life and sustained into older age!
Here are the top 5 physical benefits of walking:
- Improves your cardiovascular endurance
- Helps manage conditions like heart disease, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, and more
- Strengthens your bones, joints, and muscles to reduce risk of osteoporosis in older age
- Improves your sleep quality
- Helps you lose weight and maintain heart health
Not yet convinced? Well, walking can actually be helpful for your mental health too! Here are 5 more reasons to start your walking routine today:
- Improves your mood because of the endorphins being released
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Boost your mood and clear your mind
- Social opportunity to go on walks with friends, families, and your pets
- Promote body confidence as you lose fat
According to the NHS, you should aim to do around 30 minutes of walking a day, or 150 minutes per week! If walking around your neighborhood doesn’t sound good to you, head over to some public parks like Quezon Memorial, Intramuros, BGC, even Makati to get fresh air. Alternatively, you could also head to the gym and use a treadmill or over to an indoor walking track!
With so many physical and mental benefits to walking, get started right now!
To learn more about holistic wellness and implementing exercise in your life, contact us at email@example.com! We provide a wide variety of services from physical training to mental strengthening.
To know more ways to strengthen your team in and out of the office, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and give your employees the best working experience they deserve.
#corporateevents #corporatewellness #employeeexperience #employeeappreciation #employeebenefits #employeewellness #workplacewellness #workplaceculture #companyculture #mentalhealth #mentalhealthservices #healthcareexperience
Photo Credits from: https://wello.ca/2018/07/10/walking-meetings/