Pregnant mom’s might find it can be challenging to prioritize your own fitness journey. Sometimes you can even be told that you shouldn’t work out, but actually, working out has great pre-natal benefits! Not only pre-natal yoga, but all types of exercises.
If you’re healthy and have a normal pregnancy, working out is perfectly safe! Not only does physical activity improve your health, but it also can provide a variety of benefits for pregnancy symptoms:
- Reduces back pain
- Eases constipation
- Decreases risk of gestational diabetes, preeclampsia, and cesarean birth
- Promotes healthy weight gain
- Strengthens your heart and blood vessels
- Gets you in a good routine to continue working out after giving birth
Target 150 minutes of moderate intensity aerobic activity per week! This can be cardio dance routines, walking around your neighborhood, or even general gardening. Optionally you can try stationary biking or other water workouts too. Pre-natal yoga and Pilates are also great for increasing your range of motion and learning how to move with your baby bump.
Always be safe during your exercise periods and take note of the following precautions.
- Stay hydrated throughout the day to avoid dehydration
- Wear a sports bra to give your breasts the maximum amount of support. You can even invest in a belly support belt later in pregnancy
- Avoid lying flat on your back because the baby can put presusure on parts of the cardiovascular system which may affect your heart
- Avoid contact sports that might hit your belly bump
- Avoid hot yoga or hot pilates as you may get over heated
If at any time during your pregnancy exercise, you experience bleeding from the vagina, dizziness, shortness of breath, chest pain, or contractions, stop exercising immediately and contact your doctor.
If you’re interested in more and you’d like to set a meeting with us you Contact us at email@example.com and discover how HoliFit can help your business reach its goals. You can also check out our Facebook page, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Youtube Channel for more information about our services.
#corporateevents #corporatewellness #employeeexperience #employeeappreciation #employeebenefits #employeewellness #workplacewellness #workplaceculture #companyculture #mentalhealth #mentalhealthservices #healthcareexperience