Sprinkle some wellness into your April with some light cardio to work! It’s National Walk to Work Day, but if walking from your home to work isn’t possible because you work from home or you simply live too far away from work, try taking a stroll around your area this weekend!
Adding physical activity to your life doesn’t need to be complicated. Workplace stress can be demanding with the shift back to on-site work, but something as simple as a daily fast paced stroll can help you live a healthier life.
Walking is a popular, familiar, convenient, and free form of exercise that can be incorporated into everyday life and sustained into older age!
Here are the Top 5 Physical Benefits of Walking:
- Improves your cardiovascular endurance
- Helps manage conditions like heart disease, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, and more
- Strengthens your bones, joints, and muscles to reduce risk of osteoporosis in older age
- Improves your sleep quality
- Helps you lose weight and maintain heart health
Not yet convinced? Well, can actually be helpful for your mental health too! Here are 5 more reasons to start your walking routine today:
- Improves your mood because of the endorphins being released
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Boost your mood and clear your mind
- Social opportunity to go on walk with friends, families, and your pets
- Promote body confidence as you lose fat
According to the NHS, you should aim to do around 30 minutes of taking a stroll for a day, or 150 minutes per week! If walking around your neighborhood doesn’t sound good to you, head over to some public parks like Quezon Memorial, Intramuros, BGC, even Makati to get fresh air. Alternatively, you could also head to the gym and use a treadmill or over to an indoor walking track!
With so many physical and mental benefits to walking, get started right now!
If you’re interested in more and you’d like to set a meeting with us you Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and discover how HoliFit can help your business reach its goals. You can also check out our Facebook page, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Youtube Channel for more information about our services.
#corporateevents #corporatewellness #employeeexperience #employeeappreciation #employeebenefits #employeewellness #workplacewellness #workplaceculture #companyculture #mentalhealth #mentalhealthservices #healthcareexperience